Monday, July 25, 2005

Night Sounds

Thunder and Lightning.

Last night I sat on the back deck and just listened to the night sounds. It was very relaxing. The crickets singing their song. A dog barking down the street. The baseball game coming from the TV in the garage. Every now and then the BOOM BOOM BOOM from some teenagers car as they drive by. The soft whirring of the air conditioner.

Tonite I sat back there again. Still relaxing but the sounds have all changed. Distant rumbles of thunder. Raindrops hitting the canvas of the gazebo. Water gurgling as it runs down the drain spout. The wind sighing as it blows by. Drip drip drip.

Looks like we finally get a reprieve from the hot weather:)

Today I went to Earl May and bought me a beautiful dark red Hibiscus. Another great deal;) It didn't have a price tag so she said 19.99 then I used my coupon:) final price $13.62. I saved over 50%. I'm going through that lady's line every time I go there from now on.

Wednesday is my oldest sons' B-day he will be 23. Happy Birthday JD:) In a few more weeks I will be a GRANDMA courtesy of my youngest. Had a talk with the middle son tonite reminded him about various forms of birth control. He said he's taking care of it. JD's girlfriend is on her way to Iraq so I got at least a year before I worry about him. Our family is going through another baby boom 2 last year boy and a girl on the same day. 4 more by the end of this year 1 girl 2 boys and a ?. Can't wait to see what happens next year:0

2 comments:

OldRoses said...

I love thunderstorms! My last house had a wrap-around porch. I used to sit out there and watch the thunderstorms. I miss that. But I can still enjoy falling asleep to the sound of rain, another of my favorites.

kerry said...

Ditto on the storms. I also love listending to the critters. We have some very large old maples on the property around the house and they are home to a number of 2, 4 and 6 legged ones. I only wish the mosquitos would take a hike.