Thursday, August 18, 2005

I'm a Grandma!

Today is sunny and nice:)

Last night at 11:58 my first grandchild was born. A beautiful baby boy:)weighing in at 7 pounds 13 ounces and 20 inches long. His name is Michael Anthony. It only took 5 hours and a few pushes (lucky mom) and then his mom started laughing and out he came. Dad was sweating and nauseous and felt like he was going to pass out;) I only held him for a few minutes and I can't wait to go back this morning. The batteries in the camera died so I will take pictures today. And remember to carry extra batteries from now on.

My grandmother died Monday evening listening to the song Danny Boy. So now she's up in heaven loving her grandbabies that went before her. The funeral is tomorrow right about the time her first great great grandchild is getting his circumcision. How funny life is.

I went to the Iowa State Fair Tuesday so here are pictures of that. Austin had lots of fun and we got a few freebies which is always good.

Time to go bond with the baby now TTFN...

2 comments:

OldRoses said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful. You are so fortunate.

Beverly said...

Thank You! My life has certainly changed this week:)