Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Whats Up!

Sunny and warm. Not quite sweater weather yet.



Until the mums bloom I have no flowers to look at. A petunia here and there, the Rose of Sharon and the rose moss are about it. So if Austin lets me I'm just going to concentrate on clean up and redoing a couple of beds. If I can find some dirt.

Sunday we had Michaels first barbecue. At his party he had 2 grandmas, 3 grandpas, 3 great grandmas, 1 great grandpa, 4 uncles, 1 aunt and 1 cousin, his mommy and daddy and lots of friends and family that love him:) He is one month old now and filling out nicely. Pretty soon he will be ready to start his baby blog. His dad is hesitating on the blog idea but his mom is all for it.



The veggie garden has a few giant green tomatoes and a couple of yellow squash here and there. I picked the last good cantaloupe today I might get one more but it looks little. And the watermelon is still growing. Austin went up there today and tried to play with it. Had to distract him with a squash and a little green tomato.

With summer coming to an end it's getting harder to post about gardening. Oldroses inspired me to look and see what I can do with Master Gardeners. Unfortunately the only classes are at least 2 counties away and gas is just too expensive. I did just buy a new book Llewellyn's 2006 Herbal Almanac. Last night I read about how to invite fairies into your garden. I could sure use their help;)

Right now I'm typing with two babies on my lap and one is getting out of control. So I guess I'm done now. (As Austin screams his head off in the background.) TTFN...

1 comment:

OldRoses said...

I know what you mean about the gas. When I applied to the MG program, it was being held close to my house. Now they have moved to a wonderful new location but it is miles away and will cost a fortune in gas.