Thursday, October 20, 2005

Trees & Babies

Last night I went to bed thinking today I would plant all my bulbs and flowers that need to go in the ground. But of course when I wake up this morning it's raining. Not a lot of rain just a nice steady drizzle. I'm thinking well I could still plant some, the dirt's not even wet yet. But then JR & JM show up with Michael. I forgot I was babysitting. Looks like the garden has to wait again.



The leaves are finally changing colors around here. Before my dad sold us the house he planted 2 trees 1 in each yard. He has never been very clear as to what type of trees they are. Some type of oak tree he says. I believe it's an oak tree because the leaves don't fall off till the middle of winter. From the very beginning they were strange. The one next door grew really fast. In about 2 years it was a big tree. The one in my yard seemed to not be growing at all. We have lived here for 9 years now and our tree finally got as tall as the house 2 years ago. Now it's growing tall and pretty. But there is still something weird going on. The tree next door is aflame with color and my tree is mostly green. Go figure.



Austin spent the night with his mother last night so I'm trying to catch up on cleaning. My friend Jodi is helping us waterproof and paint the basement. That will be a relief to get done. I've been seeing a lot of spiders so it looks like I'm gonna have to break out the bug spray. I don't get spider bites but I don't want them around the babies.



Well here I am again many hours later. It looks like someone has been spoiling my grandson. He wants to be held when he sleeps. Every time I try to put him to bed he wakes up. Austin came home this afternoon and he wants to be held all night too. So here I sit with 2 babies on my lap and my legs are going to sleep. Guess I'll try to blog some other time. Maybe when I find the time to garden.

3 comments:

OldRoses said...

Awwwwww...I can tell you're really miserable about having two babies in your lap! Nice trees too. The leaves from my neighbors' trees always seem to end up in my yard. By the time I have them all raked up, the one tree in my yard decides to (finally!) drop its leaves. I'm convinced trees are as individual as people.

judypatooote said...

Trees are beautiful, and so is your grandson....he's little so it's ok to call him beautiful isn't it....

Beverly said...

I agree he is beautiful. You can't really tell in his pictures. But he has strawberry blonde hair. And little dimples:)