Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful...

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

They might have to get out the plows for this one. People are already having a hard time getting up the hill. They always seem to get stuck in the same spot about 3 houses up. Then they just sit there spinning their tires. HB couldn't find our shovel so they had to sweep the snow with a broom:)

Thanksgiving was very nice. Dinner was good, the kids were all here, and I didn't cry. I did get sick to my stomach the day before but it didn't last long.

My mother has come to stay the winter with us. Her furnace blew up last week. It didn't cause any fires but it made a sooty mess and she doesn't have the means for a new one. So she will be staying here till spring or until we can find a furnace that is affordable.

For 2 weeks I kept telling HB it's real nice out shouldn't we be putting the lights up outside? NO! There not going up before Thanksgiving! We don't have to turn them on until after Thanksgiving. No! There not going up until after Thanksgiving. I'll do it sunday. Sunday it rained. Then it got cold. Now its snowing. I hope he gets them up before Christmas.

Due to the holiday, the weather, and every day life. I didn't get to visit Iowa this month. I still have a week to wait for my camera or else I could have just taken some pictures around town. But next month we are going to Derby, Iowa in Lucas County for Christmas. The way there is kind of boring, but once we get there I'll probably need 2 camera's just to get enough pictures. My dad likes to decorate;)

1 comment:

Lynne said...

too cold to put the lights up. Maybe when it gets up to 32 degrees I might venture out and get ceative. more snow onthe way!