Friday, February 10, 2006

Bev's Blog Is One Year Old!

365 day's 124 posts. That's the most I've ever written in a journal before. I don't have any of my diaries from when I was young. The main reason for that is they were almost blank. I think one year I actually wrote in one maybe 10 times. Then there was the time when I was a teenager and I had a whole notebook full of all my thought's and dreams and poems. But my step-mother got a hold of it and read it and I got in a lot of trouble. I quit writing after that.

A lot of things have happened this past year. Some happy and some sad. A few hello's and a couple of sad goodbyes. Two years ago I didn't know what a blog was. One year ago I decided I wanted to leave a comment on a blog. And now here I am a Blogger:) My friends and family roll their eyes when I talk about my blog. Then they start thinking I'm some kind of computer expert and can solve their computer problems. Some day they will understand. Maybe.

I've gotten to know a little bit about some really neat people. I've noticed I comment on other blogs the same way I socialize at parties. I kind of stay in the back unless I have something to say. If I think it's important enough I speak up. If someone else can say it better I keep quiet. So even If I haven't commented for a while. I'm still there reading and laughing and enjoying what you have to say.

Oldroses you are one of my favorite bloggers. You make me smile regularly. You do so many fun things. Your even busy in the middle of winter when everyone else is hibernating and waiting for spring. Congratulations onGarden Voices it looks great.

I've even gotten my brother interested in blogging. He just started but I'm sure he will get the hang of it soon:)He is still trying to figure out the difference between a web page and a blog.

Being a blogger has helped me learn quite a few things on this computer. A year ago I didn't know how to add links. I didn't know how to add pictures to anything not even an e-mail. Html was Greek to me. And messing with a template never would have crossed my mind. This year I hope to learn even more. Starting with understanding RSS feed. I put it on my blog but I still don't get it. And I'd like to learn how to make my own templates. I'd also like to take a photography class so I can take better pictures.

So here's to another year or two or three...

5 comments:

IBOY said...

Bev,
Congrats on one year! I hadn't thought about it until I saw your post, but I was a year old on Tuesday... so we both were probably sitting looking out the window at the same nasty winter weather, and figured we'd just start a blog. I wonder what percentage make it past a year... it would be interesting to know. In blog years we're probably like 52.
Don

Beverly said...

And to think if I would have been 4 days sooner I would have had your url. Great minds think alike. You were the second garden blog I found. The first was cold climate gardening. Happy 1 year to you Don:)

IBOY said...

That would have left me up a creek, since I don't really have a back yard.
Don

OldRoses said...

Happy belated birthday! Thanks for the terrific compliment (blushing madly). Since you have an RSS feed, may I add you to Garden Voices?

Beverly said...

Yes you may:) I would love to be a part of Garden Voices.