Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm So Proud Of My Son



Yesterday my baby graduated from High school. My heart swelled with pride that my not so little boy achieved something so important in his life. When they called his name the auditorium echoed with cheers and whistles. He grinned and I cried.

I think back to all the teachers that he's had and how they all worked extra hard with him so he could keep up and pass to the next grade. How they helped him with his anger issues and encouraged him to keep trying. Well he made it and if it takes me forever I'm going to personally thank each one of those teachers.



When I had my babies my only goal was for my boys to graduate and have a better life than me. Well it looks like I'm getting there finally. JR has always been the one to knuckle down and get it done. Then his brothers would decide if he could do it then they could too. So JAC and JD it's time for you to step up to the plate and get your GED's. Make your mom proud and happy like your brother has, I know you can:)



JM graduated too and Michael was there with them. He started crying when they cheered for his daddy so I took him and Austin out where it was calmer and less crowded. After the ceremony we all went to meet teachers and friends. The Party is Sunday and I'll be making lot's of food tomorrow. I'm hoping to work on the garden Monday but Michael will be staying the night Sunday so who knows what will happen.



Until then I'll leave you with a picture of my poppies that just bloomed this morning. TTFN...

2 comments:

Sigrun said...

Congratulations! I understand, that you are very proud of your sun!

Sigrun

California Gardener in Zone 23 said...

What a wonderful achievement. Congratulations to you and your son.