Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Great Weekend

  Posted by Picasa

I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday weekend. Our weekend was beautiful here. The weather was perfect for being outside so I spent most of the weekend planting and transplanting and buying plants that were on sale.



I was looking for a hanging planter at wal-mart and they wanted $5.00 so I went on over to look for plants for a $1.00. I found 6 healthy big pink petunias for a dollar so I got them. On my way out I saw some hanging plants for $2.50 and I picked out this red white and blue one for the fourth. I just trimmed all the dead stuff off and watered it. In a few days it should be looking good.



The rest of our weekend was filled with cookouts, babies, birthday cakes and fireworks. Sunday was HB's birthday so we had a party. We grilled kabobs and played horseshoes in the backyard. It was a great time with our family and friends.



I have some Lemon Verbena on the deck and everyone was enjoying it's scent. This year I have Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena and Lemon Basil. Can you tell I like lemons:) I also have a Strawberry Scented Geranium and some Pineapple Sage. People spend some time smelling things when they come to visit me:)

2 comments:

snappy said...

Sounds heavenly lemons, strawberries, and pineapple.I will try them soon.My scented plants are lavender, rosemary, petunia white (do your pink ones smell on evening?),the roses, snapdragons, and nasturtiums.
I have evening primrose in a pot not flowered yet.Its my idea to have scented plants near the back door so when we sit we can smell the fragrances.A sensory garden!
Cant wait for your hanging basket to fill out,you are like me selecting plants and putting them together for display.is this comment too long?lovely post btw..

OldRoses said...

Love the fireworks!