Tuesday, July 25, 2006

More Plants



I went to the Farmers Market downtown. I bought some tomatoes that were supposed to be from Iowa, if they were picked in Iowa it was a few weeks ago when they were still green. They had no taste and no juice inside. I also got a strawberry rhubarb pie that turned out to be a blueberry rhubarb pie. That's ok though, because HB really likes blueberries. Those were the only things edible I bought, the rest were plants:) Not too many, I left most of my money locked up in the car. I knew there would be plants and that I would spend every penny in my pocket on them.



The first thing I found was a variegated cinnamon rose Scented Geranium/Pelargonium. It was 3 dollars cheaper than at the nursery so I snatched it right up.




Down the street a bit what did my wandering eyes find? A little miniature Iris called Bumble Bee Delight. I'm thinking of putting it in one of the beds in the front yard. Of course where there is one Iris there are usually more and I was hooked.



I couldn't resist the colors of this Honeyglazed Iris. I have tons of purple ones so I've been trying to add other colors this year.



Babbling Brook caught my eye because the petals look so delicate and wavy. The picture looks a little purple but it's really supposed to be light blue.



And Laced Cotton got picked because it's white and I like the ragged edges. They had healthy rhizomes and were 4 bucks each. I found cheaper Iris on e-bay last night but I need to stop for now. I already have over a hundred Iris to plant and replant this year.

4 comments:

snappy said...

my goodness,how will you remember where you planted them, and more importantly what each iris is called?do you stick tags in where the bulbs are?i have a memory like a sieve for plant names..

Beverly said...

Some of them I haven't been able to identify, they came from family and friends gardens. But the ones I've bought I keep a list of and I take pictures and put them on file. I also go to Iris web sites and try to find pictures of the ones I have.

OldRoses said...

I am rapidly becoming an iris addict also. Any interest in forming a support group????? We need help!

Gary said...

Does anyone know where to purchase Bumble Bee Delight. I have a friend in Edmond Oklahoma who used to have it but his garden was destroyed.

Thank You!

garyrmercer@yahoo.com