Saturday, August 05, 2006

Not So Hot



While we had that hot spell I stayed inside.I only went out when it was time to water and take pictures. Now that it is cooler I need to go pull weeds and dead head a lot of stuff. I also need to rearrange some plants. Dig out some beds, give them new dirt, and replant the Iris.



Next weekend I'm going to Kansas for an Army thing. I get to stay in a fancy hotel and go shopping while HB does his duty for our Country. Then I get to dress up and go to a formal dress party and smile and be sociable. On Sunday I'm going to go visit Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens.



The other day I went to Holub Greenhouse because they are closing forever:( Now I have to find a new greenhouse to go to. They had annuals for 25 cents, I couldn't stop myself I might get almost 3 more months out of them. That's worth 25 cents to me. Now I just have to figure out where they are going to go.



I did find a spot right away for this Dianthas, Babys Breath and Geranium. The moon garden is doing fine. I have to move a Daisy and pull some strange weeds that I think came with the mulch or something. The petunias need some help after all that heat. And my nasturtium finally got it's first bloom. It was supposed to be pale yellow, but someone goofed because it looks orange to me.


1 comment:

Sigrun said...

Beverly, you have bought a good range of plants!

Sigrun