Sunday, September 03, 2006

Gotcha!



I finally got a picture of a hummingbird:) I shot it from the hip and didn't have time to set the camera on high speed, but I caught it about 4 times. This was the best shot. I was hoping to get a clearer shot but every time I saw one I didn't have a camera. And every time I had a camera they were nowhere around.



A cardinal showed up to have his picture taken. He hopped all around the tree whistling and posing for the camera. As soon as he saw Bella creeping around the moment was over. This year a couple of new birds have been coming to my garden. Besides the hummingbird I've seen a goldfinch and a red headed woodpecker. I hope they bring some friends with them next year.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Awesome photo of the hummer!

Nutbuk Ug Bulpin said...

Wow! I love the hummingbird pix! You're so lucky eh!

Sigrun said...

Nice photos in this autumn time! We have also a lot of birds here, but other one.

Sigrun

Karen said...

Great photos! I sometimes don't see our cardinals, but I can always hear them. I usually recognize them by sound and then try to pick out the red.

I've seen a few hummingbirds, but never been lucky enough to get a photo of one. Yours is a great shot, considering you weren't even prepared.

Jan Goldfield said...

What wonderful photos!!! Please keep sharing. You are a talented photographer AND gardener.

Carol said...

i love your bird shots and the butterfly shots and your flowers are stunning too!

snappy said...

I love the humming bird.You are lucky to have got him.love photos of birds when they come out.My garden birds never get close enough, they are very shy.

Anonymous said...

I have sometimes 6 or 7 very beautiful pairs of cardinals. They are always coming to my feeders. Late Dec I have a ton of red winged blackbirds. Then in the spring, bluebirds. I love them all. And they alllll love the meal worms.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Right now I have a few red wing blackbirds starting to arrive. I also have carolina wrens hunting for meal worms by my screen door. I put mealworms in the plants and hanging baskets and watch them sing and eat. They are very friendly. Also the mockingbird sings and feast too. I love the mockingbird singing to me. Right now i have socks of yellow goldfinch food hanging everywhere, I love watching them. I live in slidell, La.

kathy