Tuesday, October 10, 2006



I'm back from vacation and it's raining right now. I've been trying to finish up on the yard and get everything planted before winter.



I ran around this morning taking pictures of everything that is still blooming.
The petunias are really outdoing themselves, they must know their days are numbered. I have more flowers blooming now than I did last year at this time:)



The Dahlias are great:) They started out kind of slow but really took off and surprised me. I will be planting more next year.



I haven't planted Morning Glories in the yard for years. But that doesn't stop them from growing anyway.



I used to have them growing on the front deck, but I had to trim them all the time so the Mailman could get through. Someday I will find the perfect spot for Morning Glories.

3 comments:

Annie in Austin said...

It looks like the too-early freeze hit DesMoines, too - good thing you got the photos first! Maybe some of these flowers were protected by the housewall?

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Karen said...

Beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

I am just back also . . . and have a lot to do in my garden as you do too. I hate to cut my plants back, but want to do the hard work before winter sets in.
Enjoy Autumn!