Thursday, October 19, 2006

Windy Weather



I've been really tearing up my yard this Fall. And now Mother Nature has decided to lend a hand. Last week a gust of wind picked up my gazebo and flung it onto my neighbors car. There was broken glass and headless fairies everywhere. I got the thing off of the car and there it sat.



The neighbor came out a little later and helped me roll it up the hill. He wasn't as upset about his car as I was. And he was very nice about the whole thing. Whew!



My deck looks naked now:( But I now have a gazebo to put in my secret garden and grow vines on. Maybe the vines will hold it down better than the nails did. JD bent the corners back where they belong. It looks ok, but now it has weak spots. The awning was torn up, so I had to trash it.



JD is so sweet he has been looking all week for a new one for his mama. I told him good luck they are more expensive now and it's not the right season to find them at any stores. Maybe I'll get a new one for Mother's Day next year. Wishing and Hoping;)

8 comments:

Annie in Austin said...

That must have been an enormous gust of wind! I've seen the gazebos in stores, and always wondered about their potential for turning into gliders - good thing you have a cool neighbor, too.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Blackswamp_Girl said...

YIKES! I'm glad that everyone was okay, and that your neighbor was able to help you...

Sissy said...

Just found your blog-what a day...good thing nobody was hurt...
I am sorry about you losing your gazebo...

Anonymous said...

Yes, it will look good with the vines growing on it and the vines will hold it in place.
So nice your neighbor did not get upset with you.

JLB said...

Oh my goodness - that's some serious wind!

The cherries look nice, by the by... I have a few of those growing around here too.

Salix Tree said...

Wow, must have been some serious wind to blow that over! So lovely to have nice neighbors too.
Are those cherries? At first I thought they were crab apples. That's a nice picture, whatever they are.

Beverly said...

Salix Tree: They are crabapples, someday I'd like to have a cherry tree.

Becky: Now I just have to figure what kind of vines:)

Sissy: Welcome to my blog,I'm glad you found me:)

Annie: I should have fastened it to the deck with screws instead of a few nails.

Next time I'll know better.

Girl Gone Gardening said...

Yikes! Glad your neighbor was understanding.

Right now is a GREAT time to find gazebos and trellises on clearence sales for very cheap. If I were looking for one i'd buy it now, while places are trying to get rid of the summer inventory.