Sunday, January 14, 2007

About Time!


It's starting to look and feel like winter around here. The birds have found their new bird feeder and the flowers stayed underground like their supposed to.




I enjoy winter and if it didn't snow or get cold around here I might just have to move north. HB gets irritated with me when I'm happy about inclement weather. He doesn't like it because he works outside;) Well I don't know about you, but it felt weird to me to walk outside without a coat or long sleeves in Dec-Jan. So even though my hands and feet are freezing, my skin is dry and itchy, and I have to dig out the ice scraper from who knows where. I'm glad Old Man Winter finally woke up.

8 comments:

Sigruns German Garden said...

Beverly, the first photo is so good! Like crystall.

Sigrun

Salix Tree said...

What a pretty ice scupture in that first pic. A frosty seed head?

Annie in Austin said...

Hello Beverly,

You're rejoicing about snow and I'm whining about ice... there is at least a botanical logic to this, since your landscape expects winter and mine is in shock.

If I were still up North, the 'normal' weather would have been welcome, too.

Thanks for coming over and commenting. I hope you have fun and that HB stays warm!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

MrBrownThumb said...

Hi Beverly,

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. It's fine if you link to me as a matter of fact I'll return the favor by giving you a link on my blog.

BTW that picture at the top is pretty amazing. Good job.

Beverly said...

Thanks everyone. I liked that one too. It is a seed head on my clematis.

Mrs Lifecruiser said...

Well, couldn't you have kept it over there? It seemed to have come her now and I don't want it ;-)

Though I have to admit that snow and ice can be pretty sometimes, but over here it's so seldom shows it's best sides...

Blogs! said...

Amazing photo. You have a very good eye for the dramatic shot!

Saya said...

Beautiful photos. I like the how ice looks sharp in the first pic and then soft in the second.