Tuesday, February 06, 2007




I received this great book from DK Publishing last week. This is a beautiful book with lots of pictures of different plants. It has a plant hardiness zone map inside the front cover and a plant heat zone map inside the back cover. There are over 5,000 entries so I haven't had a chance for more than a glance through. But it is lighter than my other plant encyclopedia so that's a plus. It has gardeners notes here and there with information and useful tips. I'm sure I will be using this book a lot in the future.

5 comments:

OldRoses said...

Free???? How did you do that? I'm so envious.

RUTH said...

I find that my British garden encyclopedia is very heavy too! lovely boos to have though.

Beverly said...

Oldroses, I just got an e-mail out of the blue from one of the publishers.I don't know how she found me in the middle of all of us garden bloggers. But I'm glad she did:)

Ruth, My other encylopedia has more plants in it but it is so heavy the spine is falling apart. And it has a lot more plants that I can't use. This one is geared more toward the plants that grow well here in America.

Hillside Garden said...

That's a realy good book, Beverly. I have a lot of books from the RHS in Britain.

Sigrun

Gotta Garden said...

Lucky you! I think that's fantastic!