Friday, March 23, 2007

First Blooms



After waiting and watching for about a month now I finally caught a glimpse of color in the yard. I had to take a second look just to make sure it was a flower and sure enough there it was, the first bloom of the year.



For three days all I saw was yellow blooms and not very many considering I planted 50 of them and they were supposed to be mixed colors. I was a bit disappointed at first, until today when I saw this cute little white one. So I just need to be a bit more patient and see what else pops up.



This is my first year for Crocus, but I like how they blend in with the grass and surprise you. I'll have to plant some more this Fall:)

8 comments:

Carol said...

Pretty! I love crocuses, and I've been planting mine in the grass, too. I like how they come up seemingly from no where and are just there!

MrBrownThumb said...

Oh how nice. I can't wait 'til mine start popping up. It's almost time for me.

ACey said...

I saw the first tips of some crocus leaves two days ago. Now all I see is the snow from last night, but at least seems to be melting-off really quickly ...

KC MO Garden Guy said...

I have a few crocus that came up and bloomed this year. The trouble is that the deer came along and ate off the leaves and left the flowers. You know it is the flower but without the leaves I won't have any crocus next year.

Rebecca said...

I love the crocus too.
Happy Spring!

Tricia said...

I love crocus. You know why? Because it's usually the first flower I see each year. When I see a crocus I know that winter is over and spring has truly arrived. :)

I need to get some white crocus' - mine are bright yellow like yours, and I've got lots of purple ones too.

chigiy said...

The crocus are beautiful. I don't have any, maybe I'll plant them next year.

What's blooming in your yard now?

Beverly said...

Rebecca; Thanks, You too:)

Tricia; I need to get purple ones this Fall.

Chigiy; There is nothing blooming in my yard right now. The tulips are drooping towards the ground and everything else is waiting for some sun.

kc mo gardening guy; I don't have deer problems just rabbits and squirrels. I just plant so many things in my yard they can't possibly eat them all;)