Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day





It's that time of month again,instead of a list I decided pictures could just say it all. Not as many flowers this year.

Out of all my Iris only 4 survived and only 2 of them have blooms. Some are struggling and might make it next year, but who knows. I guess I'll start over in August.

The Endless Summer Hydrangea croaked again. I will not be wasting anymore time or money on that! I guess it's time to give the yard a major overhaul. I'll try not to show too much of the ugly.

The gazebo is up in the secret garden where we are ready to start building a wall. What secret garden? Shhh! It's such a secret it doesn't even know it's a garden yet;)

For more information on Garden Bloggers Bloom Day go visit Carol at May Dreams Gardens

11 comments:

Carolyn gail said...

Hi Beverly,

A great slideshow and yes it does say it all.

A pity you lost so much. We did too here in Chicago. A very bad winter for plants.

Can't wait to get permission to enter the " secret garden ".

OldRoses said...

So beautiful! I envy you. Your garden is so far ahead of mine. I love your iris. And congratulations on the new babies!

Annie in Austin said...

I've heard mixed reviews on Endless Summer, Beverly, but think that you have so many things blooming you won't miss it!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose.

Carol said...

All your flowers are beautiful, I love the slide show.

I have 3 Endless Summer Hydrangeas and I'm not sure about them. They die back in the winter and are just little 6 inch tall plants right now. And where I put them, I wanted/needed them to be a lot bigger!

Anyway, thanks for participating in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

Ladyseashells said...

Yes the pictures says it all, very beautiful, as well as the babies. Congratulations!

Opal: Vegan Momma said...

Truly beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Tricia said...

Beautiful slide show. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with your iris'.

You might know this already, but don't plant your iris' too deep or they won't bloom and they might not survive either. They like their roots shallow.

Visiting for Green Thumb Sunday.

CG said...

Lovely slideshow and am intrigued by the secret garden idea!!!

Becky said...

Great slide-show.
as for the "secret garden" I can't wait to see it.

gardenmomma (Chris) said...

Wonderful slideshow! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see your secret garden.

Carolyn gail said...

Hi Beverly,

Reminder : Tomorrow is GARDEN BLOGGERS' MUSE DAY. Please post a poem, prose or garden-related short story and then inform me so that I can list you as a participant.

Thanks.