Sunday, September 02, 2007

A Little Trip




Last month I went with HB to Minneapolis, it was raining so I didn't get to do much. I went to a farmers market and bought some white phlox and honey. It was wet and cold and I didn't think to bring a jacket with me, took me the rest of the day to get warm again:(



The next day was a little nicer and I found my way to Como Park Zoo and Conservatory. It was really nice, there is no admission fee all they ask for is donations. I went through the zoo first watched some polar bears that were lounging around, and found a sloth sleeping in a tree. It's a good thing I went outside first because as soon as I got inside it started pouring rain.



The Conservatory was like heaven to me:) Each room has it's own special atmosphere. One room had about 12 bonsai trees in it, one of the trees was 45 years old. There was a fern room and a room with spices.



But my favorite room was full of flowers. Once I found that room I just sat down and started breathing in the wonderful smells. Listening to the water trickle, somewhere I could hear a bird chirping. The upper windows were open so you could see raindrops leaving little ripples in the water as they slowly dripped down.



There was a lot more to that park that I didn't get to see because of the rain, so I'm going to go back and finish my visit sometime soon. I also have a few more gardens on my list and another farmers market. I sure hope it's not raining next time:)

1 comment:

verobirdie said...

Your pictures are great, it is a pleasure to travel through them.