Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!






After my last post my second son informed me he was getting married in two weeks at a courthouse. What! We haven't recovered from the last wedding yet. So he got married November 2, 2008. Small wedding and a very small reception at a restaurant, and off to Branson they went for a nice honeymoon. They also moved out of my house and now we are down to 5 people:)



I'd talk about my garden but there just isn't much to talk about. I got a new gazebo to replace the one that blew away. But we couldn't get the tarp off without dismantaling it. I kept the snow off of it okay but the ice storms were too much for it and it is now ripped in four places:( I also have almost 1/3 of my wall in the secret garden finished. The bricks are pretty expensive so I get them a little at a time. For Christmas I recieved some Menards cards for more bricks, I might be able to finish it this Spring:)




The main reason I've been too busy to blog is Austin, Michael, Jayson and Baileigh. We have been spending lots of time together and by the time Austin goes to bed at night I'm too tired to type. Austin is potty trained, Michael is off the binkie, Jayson is walking, and Bailiegh is crawling and I'm glad I was here to see it. For me playing with babies is more fun than flowers:0



My mother is back up here for a while. She had another mini stroke on Christmas Day, I really wish she would quit smoking. There is not much more I can say about that.



I am now the Family Readiness Leader for my husbands unit up in Minnesota. I will probably be going there almost every month this year because they may be deployed by this time next year and we have a lot of training and work that needs to be done. Hopefully I will get a laptop and I will have more chances to blog, I mean work;)



Here's hoping 2008 is a good year for everyone, and a better year for my flowers and shrubs. This year I'm planning on doing a lot of seeds and spending the plant money on walls and paths and an arbor or two. I'm going to be using a lot of pine needles for mulch (it's free!) and I'm still pruning the lilacs a few branches at a time.

No comments: