Thursday, April 24, 2008

At least I'm not lazy;)



I came home yesterday and the white tulips that have been growing in the middle of my lawn every year were yellow. What is up with my yard that the white flowers turn into yellow ones?



I know I haven't been blogging as frequently as I used to and I haven't been commenting as much either. I also haven't been able to keep up with my gardening or other things in my life.



I thought I was being distracted or maybe just plain lazy. But it turns out after spending a few days in the hospital, that I have some diabetes and thyroid problems. Somehow that made me anemic and so I guess I've been sick and didn't even know it.



I'm going to be taking some time to get back on track, so I don't know how often I'll be posting. But I do think of you and check on your blogs often. And I'm going to leave you with a little something that made me smile today:)

SMILE;)

6 comments:

Jane Marie said...

I'm sorry to here of your illness. I'm sure now that you know what the problem is, you'll be back in the swing of things in no time.

verobirdie said...

No wonder you were not feeling well! I hope the doctors can find the right meds very soon, and that you'll be your old yourself in a glimpse.
Hugs

Beverly said...

Jane & verobirdie,

Thank you for the hugs and warm thoughts. I'm starting to feel better already just from eating right. If only I could do more than 15 minutes in the garden a day I would be happy. But at least I'm getting my vitamin D.

Becky said...

Hello dear Beverly,

I do hope you are feeling better soon.

It's good you found out why you weren't feeling up to par! Relax, eat healthy foods, drink water, get well soon.

Thanks for the Smile! That was cute.

Hope to see you gardening and doing what you are able to do soon!

With love,
Becky

Suzy said...

Beverly~
So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well...rest up and get on some meds to correct the problem...I'll be thinking about ya!

Thanks For 2 Day said...

Hi Beverly,
If you ever come back to your blog, I thought I'd leave a message here for you:) I hope you are feeling better by now. Like you, I was an Army wife for 20 yrs. My husband is now retired, and I have to admit, I'm quite happy not having to move around! Take care of yourself! Jan/ThanksFor2Day