Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day



I have flowers blooming! Not too many, but I still have to clean out the beds so that's ok. Let's see now, first I found the yellow daffodils that were supposed to be white when I bought them.I still haven't bought any bulbs from Home Depot since then.



Then I saw a few Periwinkle or vinca vine whichever you prefer. I prefer to call them invasive weeds.



Right below that is a Hyacinth,and there are purple and white ones in the front yard.



Last of all are these little white flowers I forget what they are called.



The crocus are done now and the tulips are just starting to think about getting buds. It's nice to have a few pretties come up before the grand show;)



Please visit Carol at May Dreams Gardens for more about Garden Bloggers Bloom Day.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I think the flower with no name is a Scilla, you might google it and see.

I'm with you, so often the bulbs from the big box stores aren't "as advertised". My sister bought "pink" tulips that are orangey-red.

Thanks for joining in for bloom day!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Michelle said...

Lovely photos! My yard is also full of that naughty vinca. Thank goodness it spreads only by creepers, and not by seed! I hope you are feeling better.

Mrs. Smith said...

The little white flower is Puschkinia libanotica (striped squill, though it's not scilla).